Question
Posted by: Misty | 2012/07/26

Infectious colitis

I was diagnoses with infective colitis today with C reactive protein level of 87 and white cell count of close to 20. However, upon reading more about this condition, I see that it usually goes together with diarrhea. - which I absolutely do not have. If anything, I am slightly constipated. Should I question this dr''s opinion, or perhaps go for a second opinion?

Misty

The high white cell count and C reactive protein show that you do have an infection. You can consult a gastroenterologist for a second opinion and perhaps a colonoscopy.