Question
Posted by: Steffie | 2010-11-12

Infections

Hi doc,
I had a baby in April this year - born via C-Section. a few days after leaving the hospital i was readmitted because i had picked up a superbug in the cut.It had to be drained. It eventually cleared up and i went on, 8 weeks later i stopped breatfeeding and got an infection in the glands under my arm, which had to be drained. Then about 4 weeks later i got another infection in my groin area - inside thigh right where your glands are, it wasn''t so bad, but then 3 weeks later i got it again in the same spot and i had to have antibotics only this time - no draining (each time i have had antibiotics). Then two weeks ago i had an eye infection which turned into an absess and i had to have antibiotics again and it was drained. This morning i woke up with another one in the other eye! From the time that my son has been born i have had flu almost every month as well. I just seem to be sick all the time with something or another. I am taking a multi vitiam and i sleep well. I am a working mom so there is stress but not anythig i can''t handle. What could be the problem? Why do i keep getting sick and why do these infections keep turing into absesses? It is the first time in my life i have been sick like this. Before this i last had flu 4 years ago and i have never had an infection or any major illnesses. I am very active and lead a healthy lifestyle.

Steffie

Your immune system is compromised and you will have to ask your doctor for a full examination and blood tests, as there are many reasons for a weakened immunity. You can ask your pharmacist for a Vitamin B Complex injection, as well as supplementation with a probiotic, selenium, zinc and vitamin C & E. I also suggest that you ask your doctor for the flu vaccine and to get vaccinated before every flu season.