Question
Posted by: JK | 2008/08/01

Infection just stopped

I had an abnormal discharge for a couple of months. I was very concerned because I know what a normal discharge should be. I' ve started eating lots of plain yoghurt. About a week ago this infection just stopped. Is this possible? I' m back to my nomral discharge. Feeling no discomfort or itching down there at all. What a relief.

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Great, I am glad you are better.
Yes it is possible that the probiotic culture in the yoghurt helped you (and plain yoghurt is the key), probably together with your own immune system fighting and possibly a change in pH, the infection is under control.