Posted by: Mel | 2008-11-26

infection after cataract operation

My elderly aunt has had her cataracts removed and has not regained her eye sight correctly, everything is in the color blue and if she stares at something too long she sees hundreds of spots on the object she is lookng at. She was sponsored at a government hospital to have this done and she cannot get any information from the nurses or doctors about what is the cause of this and will it improve or is this life long, they just keep saying she has an infection. can you advise me what this could be and is it normal after this operation.

Hallo Mel
Some people get an uveitis after any operation of the eye, it may be worth your while to take her to a private eye specialist for a second opinion and evaluation.