Question
Posted by: Peas | 2011/04/07

Infection

Hi Doc,

My little son is 1year 9 months old and has a runny nose, puffy eyes that are watery and his tonsils are slightly bigger. I have given him 2.5ml of Allecet and Chamiflor nose spray. Is there something else I can give him? I am not sure if this is an allergy or an upper airway infection. He has no fever and is eating okay.

Thank you.

In the abscence of fever, it is most probably due to an allergy. I suggest that you take him to an allergy specialist for further examination, to determine a spesific allergen. If he has loss of appetite and starts developing a fever, you should take him to your doctor for an examination.