Question
Posted by: eina | 2010/04/15

Infection?

I have the loop for about 18 months now. When is it that it has to be replaced?

Over the past few weeks, I have a discharge which has a bad odour. I have not seen a gynae as yet. I am not sure if this could be because of the loop.
I am sexually active, and its extremely embarrasing when theres an odour when doing it.
The odour has increased tremendously and actually noticed ladies at work distancing themselves from me. I wear a pad to work everyday, as a liner just doesnt last.
I have stopped wearing tampons last month as this increased my infection which included itching and being swollen.

I am really concerned about the odour. The discharge colour varies between clear and wht. There is no pain/burning when I urinate or after intercourse.

Please help

The loop lasts for 5 years.
It sounds like you have a vaginal infection. These are commoner with the loop. See your doctor to assess what treatment is needed.

1

The loop lasts for 5 years.