Question
Posted by: Ansa | 2010-04-14

Infection

Hi. I am 8 weeks pregnant, and suffer from viginal infection. Each time when we are intimate I suffer from infection. Is this normal, and can anything go wrong with the fetus. Is there anything I can use, to solve this problem? Is there anything that my husband can use to prevent this in the future?

There are many differnt infections. You should ask your doctor to check if there is an infection at your next visit.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-04-16

Posted by: Doc | 2010-04-14

A increase in vaginal discharge is normal in pregnancy. This is mostly clear to white and without symptoms. A vaginal in fection in pregnancy can be dangerous, specifically one called Bacterial Vaginosis. It could also be that you only have a candida infection (vagial thrush). Due to the fact that yoy are pregnant, it is however advisable that you have it evaluated by a doctor before starting any treatment.

Reply to Doc