Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2009/12/07

infection

hi doctor

i know you' re not a gynae, but maybe you can help me?

i went for my 5-week post-mirena check-up last Tuesday. My doctor took a pap smear and sent it away cos she said it looked like i had a bit of a infection from the mirena. she told me she would like to see me in 4 months time.
then i got the call on thursday from the sister who works at the office to say the pap smear was normal, but i do have an infection. she said i dont need any medication, and that doctor wants to see me in 6 months time...

now:
- how can it be that it changes from a normal visit and 4 months, to being 6 months with infection?
- and no pills? seriously? isnt an infection dangerous? or can it be that its nothing serious? is there an infection that isnt serious???
i had acute thrush before the mirena but i think it has now disappeared. could that be why she doesnt want me on meds?

please help, i' ve tried phoning the office for 2 days now (Friday and Monday), but no luck, it goes to voicemail.

your opinion will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Hallo Lisa
The usual check up after insertion of Mirena is after 4-5 weeks and then yearly - maybe because the cervix looked a bit red dr thought it best to see your earlier. However it is funny that they don't prescribe anything if there is an infection. I suggest you go to your GP, ask him to phone the lab and ask for a copy of the papsmear results so that he can see if you need medication and what you need. If you received an account you should know what lab they used.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/12/08

Hallo Lisa

Reply to cyberdoc