Hi Doc,
I' ve had this problem for some time now. everytime i have sex with my girlfriend i get a light rash/ itchiness/ sensitivity which starts about 1-2 days after intercourse. i' ve been using a topical ointment " nomospor'  which seems to help. i always wash after sex as well. my girlfriend however has no ifections or problems.
my penis becomes sensitive and a white, strong smelling build up occurs. it is neccessary to wash everyday.
this might be completety unrelated, but i' ve also had mild lower back pain for some time now.

Dear Anonymous
Not all infections are obvious/have clear symptoms and it may be that either you or your girlfriend have a candida infection - best would be to let a doctor check both of you and treat both of you otherwise the infection is carried from the one to the other all the time