Posted by: Girl | 2008-12-21

Hi doc.

WIthin the last week it seems that I have picked up some kind of vaginal infection. I' m not sure if it is just a yeast infection or something more. I have a watery, dark colored discharge, and though it is not alot, it smells terrible. It is also itchy. I am wondering what could have caused this? I have only one sexual partner and we have exclusively been together for 2 years. Could it be because I have also recently stopped taking my contraceptive pill? And because it' s summer, I' ve been swimming quite alot recently, I don' t know if that could have perhaps caused it. The last thing that I think could have possibly caused it was a new type of condom that we used, the condoms have a warming lubricant. Could you please advise me on what this might be and what I can do about it?

The discharge you describe is not typical of thrush. It is unlikely that stopping the Pill or swimming would have caused it. It is possible that you have an allergy to the condoms, but the best thing would be to see your doctor to make a diagnosis.