Question
Posted by: Bryn | 2010/05/12

Infection 2

Apologies - I was not clear in my last question.

After having touched someone who may be infected with an STD, and getting vaginal juices / secretions on my hand - how long would these germs remain infectious in normal air ?

i.e. what would a safe period be between touching a woman that could be infected with your hand, to touching a part of your own body, such as mouth, nose, penis etc

Sorry you had to wait for this answer, but I had difficulty in obtaining an answer. Gonorrhea perhaps not. HIV possible. THere are a multitude of factors that must be elicited before one can be sure. The consensus however was that:
If the secrestion was still moist and you touched your mouth or nose (inside) you can have symptoms (e.g. thrush) there but not the 'disease' (unless HIV that has a slighter higher risk). Unless the quantity on your hand was so much and the urethra open enough you may transfer it TO YOURSELF. With all the 'ifs and may be's' it is most unlikely, (not 100% impossible for HIV). The main consensus was to wash your hands when that happens and not to take unnecessary risks.

1
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/05/15

Reply to sexologist