Posted by: Janine | 2011-09-15

Infected toe

Good day DR

My son has been having a reoccurance of the same infected toe on his foot.

Every couple months I have to take him to the DR and then they clean the toe and nail and then put him on antibiotics.

Unfortunately after a couple of months this toe gets infected again and it hurts like hell.

Please help and let me know what should I do.

I suggest that you consult another doctor for a second opinion to establish why he is getting frequent toe infections. It can be due to something as simple as trauma to his foot or a metabolic disease, like diabetes melitus. It is therefore, important to investigate the cause for the recurrent infections.