Question
Posted by: Lee | 2010/06/05

infatuated with everyone i meet

i am 33 with a husband who loves me very much but i seem to fall in love with any man who pays any attention to me. however harmless, doctors yoga instructors colleagues. i get absolutely obsessed and need to consciously stop myself from thinking about them googling them etc.

what could this mean and how do i get it stored. i cant stand myself when i am like this so weak and actually ridiculous. i actually cringe when i think about how i act when i get someone in my sights.

please help!

Answered the other time this question was posted : " Well, its good news that this has been harmless so far, but it obviously has the potential to cause real problems, for you and those who receive your attentions. You really do need to see a very experienced counsellor or psychotherapist to work on this. There sound like elements of low self-esteem and a greed for attention to make you feel more important and loved ; these can be dealt with but only in serious counselling / psychotherapy, and not by medication. See a good local psychologist for a proper assessment and a discussion of treatment options "

1