Question
Posted by: AL | 2010/11/25

INDUCING LABOUR

IS IT MORE PAINFULL FOR THE WOMAN IF SHE IS INDUCED INTO LABOUR?

Apparently so as the contractions don't start gradually.

3
Posted by: Tumii | 2010/11/29

If it your first child... then go for it. I had my first one with pills inserted vaginally and it was not bad. But I will definetly have my second child normally. I would also advise you to not rush to being induced unless its for medical reasons. ..... being " tired"  is not a good enough reason, rather let nature take its course and the labour pains will not be that bad!

Reply to Tumii
Posted by: Purple | 2010/11/26

Yes it is.

It depends how you are induced though, if you have the gel or pill inserted vaginally or artifical rupture of membranes (breaking your waters) the contractions are not more painful, but if they put in a drip the contractions change from bearable to excruciating within minutes.

Reply to Purple