Question
Posted by: SEM | 2012-05-07

Induced labour

I will be 40 weeks pregnant on the 10th of May(baby#1) and so far i have had no real signs of labour. I had some discharge yesterday which i think is part of my mucous plug and have been having mild contractions since last week, they are painful but not unbearable. I have alot of back pain and pain in my pelvic region especially when i wake up in the mornings.What are the chances of me being induced when i visit my OB/GYN on Friday ?

Usually it is not suggested that a pregnancy go beyond 41 weeks, so you will be induced around that time if you have not gone into labour.

3
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-05-11

Posted by: Annie | 2012-05-08

With my first pregnancy I went to gyne on 40wks 1 day (I have to admit I did feel a little different that morning, but nothing defenate) I was dialated 1cm and she proposed induction.

All went 100% Only the induction took a while, it was done at 13h00 and 17h00 again and baby was born 21h50.
Pains started around 18h30 but really not bad. I had period pains that were worse. Only got bad after 20h00. And still it was not nearly as painfull as I imagined it would be.
I had no epidural or pain meds. Baby was born without complications.

I guess it depends on your gyne. Some gynes prefer that we dont go over 40 weeks. Some are fine with it. My gyne told me right from the start she''ll give me till 3 days after 40 weeks and then I''ll have to choose induction or c-sec. I also chose induction right from the start. (Did not want c-sec)
Whatever your gyne recommends, trust him/her.

Reply to Annie
Posted by: Been There | 2012-05-08

Dont do it. Unless your cervix is ripe. Do yourself a favour and read up on induction. 90% of them end up in emergency c-sections, like mine did. Rather wait for your body to go into labour naturally. Contractions are WAY less painful. Best fo luck.

Reply to Been There