Question
Posted by: Lizard | 2011/01/09

induced coma

My daughter-in-law is 47 years of age. She has had severe eating disorders for many, many years (since before her marriage to my son 25 years ago). She has rheumatoid arthritis. Her bones are very brittle and she has broken her bones numerous times. She recently fell and shattered her hip. She was admitted to hospital where she had a hip replacement. She then developed pneumonia. She is now in an induced coma and on life support. She is not responding to antibiotics (apparently because of the medication for rheumatoid arthritis). What would you say her chances are of recovery and is it likely that she will be left with brain damage from lack of oxygen to the brain?

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello "Lizard",
I hope you don't mind, but I am going to respond to your personal email for reasons I will explain.
Regards,
Graham

1
Posted by: Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert | 2011/01/12

Hello "Lizard",
Regards,
Graham

Reply to Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert