Question
Posted by: Johara | 2010/03/24

Indian Skin &  Laser

Hi Doc, your advice is always very helpful, pls can u help me i would like to go for laser hair removal on my face, the laser clinic i was going to have it done at told me they have laser specific for Indian skins, they are a very reputable place and have a good reputation. I want to know if i have laser hair removal done on my face when exposed to the sun will my skin burn and discolour? also i have a few marks on my face when doing the hair removal do you think it will help lighten my marks or is that just wishful thinking.
Thanks again,
Johara

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Johara, thank you for the question.

Following any laser treatment sun avoidance (3 to 4 weeks after the treatment) and the use of high factor SPF that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide is vital. Pigmentation marks require a different wavelength laser to what is used for hair removal but the clinic may be able to treat both if the machine they have has the ability to produce different wavelengths.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/03/26

Hi Johara, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert