Question
Posted by: Mark | 2009-12-08

Indian ring neck regurgitates his food.

Hi Dr,

My Indian ring neck seems to be happy and in good health, but has for the past few months started doing something very strange. He eats and then brings his food up again. Its leaves the cage in a real mess, and Im worried there is something wrong with him. He has the ring so I assume he is male.
Do you have any information on the type of behavior?

Thank you Mark

Dear Mark

Sorry, I do not have info on this.

2
Posted by: annemarie | 2009-12-08

My ringneck does that too and he' s aboy. Its got to do with breeding season. Quite a revolting habit! He has almost stopped that now and is moulting instead, which means he sits on his perch with a beakful of beautiful pale blue feathers...

Reply to annemarie
Posted by: Cybervet | 2009-12-08

Dear Mark

Sorry, I do not have info on this.

Reply to Cybervet