Question
Posted by: Pete Richardson | 2011/01/06

INDIAN LADY

I work with an Indian female colleague, who is unmarried I am a white male, we have feelings for each other, but she is afraid to explore the relationship. I want some advice how do I persuade or convince her that its ok for us to be involved, or is it a cultural " thing"  within the Indian community.

persuasion and convincing only belong to negative and abusive relationships. rather, dialogue with her regarding her reasons for not entering into the relationship. maybe its not cultural issues but personal / psychological that can only be treated by a therapist

13
Posted by: SHANE AUSTRALIA | 2011/01/10

its amazing the way Pete Richardson says " I am a White Male "  mate you sound as if you are a priceless possession.Comming from Australia i find that very cynical and knowing South africa''s past i can see where that is comming from .Over Pete you just another invidividual 1

Reply to SHANE AUSTRALIA
Posted by: Sally | 2011/01/07

Sweet.its time your brother puts his foot down. Is he a man or what? love is about compromise. She needs to tell her family to respect her husband and his family. It is after all his house and his family and if he allows his wife to shunt his family around than its only his fault. Ths is not only a coloured problem, but it is across all colour lines.

Reply to Sally
Posted by: Sally | 2011/01/07

If people dont accept each other, wether you indian or coloured, than they ahve a huge problem. i am sorry for your brother, but dont judge all indians. By the way i am of a mixed race, my dad is indian and my mum is malay, so my features are " exotic"  to say the least

Reply to Sally
Posted by: Sally | 2011/01/07

I am 45,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yes I will date outside of the indian race, as long as there is mutual respect for each others cultures, there should not be a problem

Reply to Sally
Posted by: Jones | 2011/01/07

Yes they are attractive but their culture is not.

Reply to Jones
Posted by: XXX | 2011/01/07

Relationships across the colour line are always going to be tough BUT that does not mean they will not work.
Personally I would love to have a relationship with an Indian woman,there are so many attractive/sexy ones.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: Sweet | 2011/01/07

Sally I tend to disagree with you just a bit. Im coloured and my brother is married to an Indian lady. Her family never liked my brother when they were dating and were totally against the relationship. To make a long story short they hated him. Didn''t come to the wedding and was not supportive at all.
Later on they made peace with their duaghter &  my brother bent over backwards to mend family ties and have them except him
On the other hand my family adored her and supported them all the way. My mother took her as if one of her own.
Lately however her family say and do as they please in my brothers house. They always get first preference and my sis inlaw well let just say her family is first. My mother with all her good deeds just get hurt over and over again. When they happy a party for my niece only her family and friends were invited

I''m not saying Indians are all they same but in our case well we seen as second rate citizens

Reply to Sweet
Posted by: Indain Gent | 2011/01/07

Sally would you date/ marry outside of the indian race?

Reply to Indain Gent
Posted by: Rishaan | 2011/01/07

I agree with you Sally. I am sure you will meet him this year. How old are you?

Reply to Rishaan
Posted by: Sally | 2011/01/07

I am an indian lady and I must say if you treat us well we will love you forever. Love our mothers and extended family and you will score big time in the bedroom if you catch my drift. Hopefully i cna meet my night in shining amout this new year.

Reply to Sally
Posted by: Indian Guy | 2011/01/07

I mean no disrespect and i am not been racist at all. Indian women are cultured and really beautiful. Not sure why recently i find white women really attractive.

Reply to Indian Guy
Posted by: Graham | 2011/01/06

I''m a white guy married to an Indian lady. She is 39 now + we''ve been married for 14 yrs + have 2 beautiful kids. She is absolutely beautiful + gorgeous + have a really fab sex life too. In the beginning we were also a bit dubious about our relationship because of culture difference but at least we r both christians + share the same faith (church). We were so madly in love but still took it slowly in the beginning + the whole thing just took it''s natural course. Now I''m so proud to have her I will take her just anywhere. She''s well educated, very intelligent, a fabulous wife, mother, lover + really stunning. When we go for weekend manager''s getaways she is by far the most gorgeous wife there. Everybody likes her + gets on well with her. My advice to U is just take it slowly + let the whole thing just unfold + develop naturally. U might end up being as fortunate + as happy as me. Remember though - get on good terms with her mother. That''s what I did + today I just loooove my mom in law too. Good luck.

Reply to Graham
Posted by: sexologist | 2011/01/06

Reply to sexologist