Question
Posted by: Lee | 2008-11-20

Increasing breastmilk

Hi, I am 27yrs old and have a 3month old baby. I am breastfeeding only on one breast because the other one is extremely painful. The one i am nursing on is also painful (nipple) but im managing with it. My problem is that i don' t think i have enough milk because the baby sucks about 5-6 times before swallowing and the breast is so tender all the time and never full. Is this normal? Is there anything i can take besides the Elixir Schlehen?

The best thing would be to consult a breastfeeding sister. You may have an abscess though if your breast is very tender.