Question
Posted by: Laura | 2011-06-02

Increased sexual apetite

Dear doc this is not a complaint, merely some information sharing., I am 38 hubby is 39. We have three kids and been married for 18 yrs. During the first few years of the marriage, we had lots of intercourse. However after baby no. 2 and 3 our sexlife dwindled, mainly becuase I experienced some pain during intercourse. We went without sex for months sometimes up to a year! However, since he had a vasectomy and I had a bladder sling inserted, we have intercourse almost every night. He cannot get enough and I no longer have any pain, and therefore I am far more obliging. Any idea how these medical procedures could have heightened our enjoyment and why doctors dont advise women to have a bladder sling put in when suffering from urinary incontinence?

Thank you for the lovely feedback – sure several couples will feel encouraged reading this. I agree that bladder slings have made a difference in many women’s lives and should definitely be more of a consideration than what is often the case. The fact that your husband had a vasectomy can also have a huge effect in the fact that you relax more – and therefore experience less pain. Often women tense up in fear of falling pregnant and that also contribute to pain and eventually the avoidance of sex. Enjoy the second honeymoon!

You are welcome to phone our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.
Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: www.sexualhealth.co.za

1
Posted by: sexologist | 2011-06-03

Reply to sexologist