Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2010/11/17

Inconsistent Monthly Cycle

Morning Doc,

We have been trying to get pregnant, however I have come to realise that I have an inconsistent monthly cycle that lasts anything from 25 –  32 days should I be worried?.

Secondly as a result of this I honestly don’ t know how to determine when I ovulate, is there a way that I can determine my ovulation period based on my monthly cycle?

Dear Concerned

The cycle variation may be very important in terms of whether you ovulate or not and also whether the hormone production pre-ovulation and post-ovulation are synchronised. I would recommend that you use the urine ovulation testing kits on a monthly basis for the next 3 months starting from day 9 of your cycle. Should no ovulation be detected I would recommend visiting a gynaecologist or fertility specialist to be able to monitor changes in your ovaries by ultrasound (follicle tracking).

Answered by Dr Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/11/25

Dear Concerned

Answered by Dr Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert