Question
Posted by: Clem | 2008-11-05

Inconsistant urine flow

I pass water normally, except the first time in the morning after waking up. There is no pain or discomfort, but the urine flow, stop starts-stop starts. This is now for the last 6-12 months, and I have no other related problems. I`m 35 -is this normal. I recently has the prostate blood test with clear results.thanks

Dear Clem
Has your prostate been examined by the doctor (physically?) I know you guys hate having it examined, but this is the only way we can feel whether you have an enlarged prostate (prostatism). The PSA blood test just gives an indication of possible cancer or infection, but won't tell you if you have prostatism, which is treatable by medication like Proscar.