Posted by: Bubu | 2012-10-26

incomplete cervix

Hi Dr.

In june i had a mc @ 15wks, my Dr said i had incomplete cervix as my water jus broke out of the blue and i didnt have any pains. im now 6 wks preggies, i jus wanna ask what special precautions do i need to take. does it mean my cervix will aso be weak for this pregnancy?

Thanking you in advance.

Dear Bubu
I would strongly recommend that you have a stich put in, which is called a that the mouth of the womb (cervix) is adequately reinforced. This together with protection against bacterial infection in the vagina as well as a general infection, for example, bladder infections should be vigorously and aggressively protected, therefore you will have to take the necessary precautions.
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim

Posted by: ANY | 2012-10-31

I think you mean incompetent cervix rather.

I also miscarried at 16wks, same thing happened, mucous plug just came out followed by a gush of water.

You can put a cervical cerclage @14wks jst to be safe, there are different ones depending on your condition, but DR will give you more sound advice.

Reply to ANY