Question

Incest or not

I recently met my second cousin (mothers cousin daughter). Am I correct in saying she is my second cousin.

It was our first time meeting each other. She is 26 and I am 28. I visited Cape Town for a week’ s holiday and my mother suggested I visit our family there. I only knew her father cause he sometimes comes down to JHB. One night we went out and had a good time and while lets just say we didn’ t go back home, we went to back to a hotel where I had the best sex ever.
No one knows and we done it a few times during my 7 night stay in Cape Town. We speak briefly on the phone and vow to keep what had happended between the two of us.

We are both physically good looking and sporty. So I guess the fact that we were so compatible helped us continue what we were doing, as we both wanted it.

Does this still count as incest, her being my second cousin.

Second cousin marriages are not considered to be incest by many. Whether such a marriage is legally treated as incest depends on local laws and regulations. Even first cousin marriages have occurred and been accepted in some jurisdictions. The following link might provide more information - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest
You are also welcome to contact our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted to get in touch with a therapist as close a possible to you.

Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: www.sexualhealth.co.za

6
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/02/26

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: Jarred | 2010/02/24

Technically shes your third cousin. Her mother would be your second cousin. ANd theres almost no relation there dont stress

Reply to Jarred
Posted by: two-stone | 2010/02/23

under the law, 2nd cousins may marry, not 1st. I would talk to your parents as i think you are far enough removed and get their blessing. Good luck!

Reply to two-stone
Posted by: A man | 2010/02/23

Don''t worry about it, my mom and dad were 1st cousins and married for 66 years with 5 children, all fairly normal...lol

Reply to A man
Posted by: Woman | 2010/02/23

yes

Reply to Woman
Posted by: Kim | 2010/02/23

So there is an actual blood (genetic) relation... Yes, that is incest

Reply to Kim