Question
Posted by: TAMMY | 2011-03-18

incapacity disciplinary hearing

Good day

Kindly please advise me as I am faced with some difficulties at work.I am a branch manager and I have lost my voice which it did come back but it is still low it improves everyday. I do need an operation due to the vocal cords have a slight tear.I had laryngitis and I lost my voice. I have been off work for 9 months
and reported to work now I can still perform all my duties.
My company has given me verbal options 1) go for operation 2) demotion with drop in salary 3) incapacity disciplinary. I have sent them a email asking the above in a formal letter which I have not received to date.I was off work from Feb2010 to sept 2010 can they take me to incapacity hearing now.thanks

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Incapacity Disciplinary Hearing

It is reasonable for the Company to at least stress that you give them a long term assurance that you will be able to go back to your former position with your former abilities or possibly demotion. If you cannot do any of these jobs then it might be necessary for them to go into a process of incapacity hearing.

2
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011-03-25

re: Incapacity Disciplinary Hearing

Reply to Labour Lawyer
Posted by: Whena | 2011-03-22

Send them another letter stating that you were verbally given these options. Also indicate that you are willing to continue working

Reply to Whena