Question
Posted by: Lindsey | 2011-05-30

Inactive Uterus

Hi GynaeDoc,
I have recently gotten married and we are dying to start trying for kids now.

I stopped taking my contraceptive last year May, and all was fine, a few months (5-6) before the wedding my periods were 40 - 42 days apart. my GP put me back on the pill for 3 months - this being my last.
I had my pre wedding checkup with gynae before the wedding and she said that i needed to gain weight to ovulate, which is fine, i had lost alot due to stress. She also mnetioned that I what looked like an inactive uterus, which I canot seem to get out of my head, and cannot remember what that meant, can you advise? is this giong to be a problem when I fall pregnant, or at least can I fall pregnant?

also, now that we are going to be trying, is it safe to be trying so early after stopping the pill, or should one wait a month until you have a natural period?

thanks,

It may have been an inactive womb lining. This is common that the lin ing thins after being on the Pill. It usually builds up again in a few months.You can try straight away after stopping the Pill.