Question
Posted by: Blocked colon | 2010/11/04

Inactive colon

Please can you tell me what the possible reasons can be for a colon that just stopped working or working irregurlarly. I''ve been to the doc who has prescribed some medication to flush my system as i didn''t go for 7 days. I''m on a healthy eating plan (weighless in fact) lost 15kg and excercise 3 times a week for about 30 minutes - treadmill or elliptical trainer. I suffer from highblood pressure and hypothyroidism. This problem has only just started and although my system was flushed a week ago - I am back at the normal " no going to the loo" .
I''d appreciate some sort of input before I go back to the doctor again. Thanks for your help.

Hallo Blocked colon
Constipation can be caused by not eating enough fibre, too little fluid, certain medications (like codein in headache tablets) stress, underactive thyroid. If it just suddenly started, and you are eating healthy, exercising and drinking enough water, ask your doctor if any other medication you are taking could be the cause. If no clear cause can be identified, you may need as last resort to see a gastroenterologist to do further tests (colonoscopy) to see if there may be any problems in the colon like a polyp or tumour.

2
Posted by: inactive colon | 2010/11/05

Thanks Doc!

Reply to inactive colon
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/04

Hallo Blocked colon