Posted by: Frantic | 2009-03-18

In-vitro/Artif Insemin/Fert trtmt

Please help!
What is the difference between In-vitro fertilisation and artificial insemination? What are the procedures and costs of each? Also what is the cost of going on fertility treatment and the procedures for this.
I have been desperately trying to conceive for over a year and just cannot take the continuous disappointment and need to look at further options. At present, adoption is not an option - I want my own baby.

Your first step would be to have tests done to see what the underlying problem might be. Different treatments are done for different problems. Artificial insemination is often done for sperm problems and costs R2000 - R3000. IVF is done for tubal problems and costs R25 000 upwards.

Posted by: Dee | 2009-03-19

Its best to google but depending on whether you have a sperm issue depends on what route to go. But be aware price for AI is R2000 and price for IVF is R30 000

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Me | 2009-03-18

You can go to google and look up each one`s meaning there if you want.

Reply to Me