Question
Posted by: IN VITRO FERTILIZATION OR REVERSAL OF STERLIZATION | 2009/07/13

IN VITRO FERTILIZATION OR REVERSAL OF STERLIZATION

3 Years ago i got myself sterilized. Filsnie Clips. Got married again. Need to decide on in vitro fertilization or reveral of surgery? Both very expensive. (Reversal R25 000) and (IVF R35-40 000). medical aids does not cover this. Where do the finances come from? Any referalls for these procedures in the East Rand or doctors? Please i will appreciate your help!!!

Dear In Vitro Fertilization Or Reversal Of Sterilization

The success of a reversal in good hands may be significantly higher than those of a single IVF procedure. However there is a definite delay to conception from the surgical procedure in that one has to allow for a period of adequate healing and also for the normal duration that it would take for conception to occur under ideal conditions, which may be up to 1 year. However other factors such as age and ovarian reserves as well as sperm parameters need to be considered before making this decision. The cost of IVF is negotiable at some centres and at our centre one could do a complete IVF treatment for far less than what you have stated.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: THANKS A LOT!!! | 2009/07/20

Dr Cassim -

please give me your contact details so i can make appointment to come and see you - as per your reply above.

Kind Regards

Reply to THANKS A LOT!!!