Question
Posted by: scorpio | 2009/01/12

in turmoil

Hi. Ive been seeing this guy for a while. He says that whatever we do, he loves doing it with me. Be in just watching tv, going for breakfast, training together, etc. The problem is he is not giving me what I need emotionally ie. long term committment. I have raised this issue and he says he does not know what he wants and if we have the same long term goals. What gets me, is that he has never asked me what my long term goals are!! Should I cut my losses and move on. I am in such turmoil at the moment - I want to be with someone permanently either living tog or best position, marry them. I dont think this guy is capable of this. Im tired of being unhappy. Your advice would really be helpful. Thanks.

Sounds as though you two have different expectations from a relationship. Relationship counselling might clarify, within a few sessions, whether this is a true incompatibility, or a negotiable difference in the expectations you show and express.

2

After being in a relationship for 5 years, he still did not want to commit. So I left the country believe it or not. Not even 2 weeks later, he traveled across the globe with an engagement ring. Today we are married happily with 3 children.
BASICALLY, THEY ONLY REALISE WHAT THEY HAD AFTER THEY LOOSE IT!!! IT WORKED FOR ME, maybe you should give it a try

Posted by: Lin | 2009/01/12

Sit him down and calmy talk to him about this. Tell him what your long term goals are and ask him what his are. That' s the only way you' ll know what he wants out of this relationship.

Reply to Lin