Posted by: JJ | 2008-12-04

In the Osteopenia range

Im 35 years old, I have been in early menopause from age 30. I was recently sent for a bone density scan and it shows that I am in the range for incresed fracture risk and in the osteopenia range. My Dr put me on Protos 2mg daily. I would really like to know what does this result mean exactly and what causes me to have increased fracture risk at my age? All i could get from my dr was that I need to take this med to help me build up my bones. I also jog for about 30 minutes a day for 5 days a week. I have no weight issues. Also does this have anything to do with my hair falling recently?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear JJ
Please fax your scan results(with your contact details) to me if you can- 0219317075, or phone me on 021 9317894. I just need a little more information on your results as osteopenia can range from almost normal to almost osteoporotic and I need to see the values.