Question
Posted by: akbar | 2008/11/06

in so much pain i can' t move!!

Hello Doc

I have this pain in the middle of my back and it some times it is from the middle to the lower back. this pain is like a pinch and any slight movement and it pinches again and it shootes right down to my lower back. I have to stay in that position for about 5-10 mins before I can move agian other wise it just pinches me again and that sharp pain is as if my back is pulling stiffer and stiffer and its hard to breath.

I then lay flat on the ground but at this point i am still in pain.

when it is cold then my back startes to pain and it pulles stiff to the point that I can not even move the pain is so bad. I have layed i bed for two days already.

One day I asked my sister to massage my back for me. she did so and I was on the floor when she massaged me but my back was still stiff. when she go up her hand was on the millde of my back and her waight pressed down on me and my back cracked and in that moment i felt that stiffness go away and the pain was relieved. I dont know if this was a go thing but I dont want her to crack my back because i dont know if its right to do that or not....but it sure relieves the pain.

please advise on what i should do?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

You obviously have a functional derangement in your back and I would recommend you consult a chiropractor at your earliest convenience. Unqualified treatment could create greater problems.

3
Posted by: freeparamedic | 2008/11/15

Go immediately to your emergency health care practitioner and explain your troubles. Do not take anything for pain because pain is a good indicator of damage. You may use muscle relaxants or hot and cold compresses to ease the pain. Physio may be a little helpful. Watch how you get into bed and when getting into a car. Avoid driving and alcohol. It appears at first glance that you suffer a lumbar slipped disc problem or nerve root compression. Do not make the damage worse by not seeking help. If pain shoots down either leg then you have a sciatic nerve problem. Do see a private neurosurgeon soon and get an MRI scan done before you do anything else. Get an opinion and consider all possibilities before you have an operation on your back. Careful you do not go on further, without medical care as you may suffer a " dropped foot"  syndrome or possibly complete paralysis. Let me know what transpires. Regards. Andrew

Reply to freeparamedic
Posted by: akbar | 2008/11/13

doc its been a week now please come out of your little hiding place!! I really need your advice... Akbar

Reply to akbar
Posted by: akbar | 2008/11/13

Reply to akbar