Question
Posted by: Stressed | 2010/10/04

IN RECOVERY

Good morning CS - in response to my question 951 The case worker with whom she liaised at rehab has left. I spoke to a nurse there and she said once they leave it''''s not their problem and I must set boundaries but I''''m not there to keep her prisoner and if I say she can''''t go she will probably go anyhow. I''''ll spaek to her tonight and we''''ll see what happens next weekend. I think this girl is a hopeless case if she wants to continue mixing with gangsters whether they are clean or not and I''''m certain that one can''''t just stop using TIK on your own without help. She is proving to be an unworthly mother.

onse to CS reply on 951

I really think the Dept of Health an Medical Aids should absolutely refuse to register or fund ANY "rehab" facility that only provides for a the limited in-patient phase whioch they get immediately paid for, and which neglects to provide for ongoing care. Without the long-term care, inpartient rehab is utterly worthless.
If she is a mother more devoted to tik and/or other drugs than to the needs of her child, child welfare should be actively involved. And your role is surely not to provide a convenient home for an active addict. I suppose all you can do is to have a calm discussion ( as calm as possible !) with her, to discuss what HER plans are to reduce her risk of relapsing into drug use as far as possible. She must never think this is someone else's task, and must remember it is always her responsibility.

1