in praise of vets

Vets are better than people doctors. At least, the ones I know are.
When you take a pet to the vet and say " He is not himself, I think something is wrong" , they will respect your intuition and do tests and find out what is wrong with your pet.
If you tell a doctor you think there' s something wrong with you, they assume you' re a hypochondriac and treat you with contempt. Apparently, if you can still drive and walk into a doctor' s office on your own, there' s nothing wrong with you. I think they watch too much TV and regard Dr House as a role model. Because of this attitude my sister was told she was a whiny old woman and she ended up dying of cancer because it was caught too late by the time she found a doctor who actually listened to her.
Viva vets!

Dear Anon

You get all sorts of vets but those who try deserve the compliments.

Sounds like you have Munchausen by Proxy using poor old Fido as your proxy. Better warn your vet.