Question
Posted by: Suzi | 2011-09-05

in need of advice

i met a man while preg early in the year, we started dating when i was 7 months and couple of weeks, we have been great together and we love each other so much, he asked to be a father of my angel and now he''s proposing, we spend a lot of time together

my problem is my family don''t know anything about us, he wants to meet them and be able to check on me and the baby, i don''t know how to confront my parents about it, my father likes to be in control of his children no matter how old

Reasonable response from Another View. Your father cleartly does not have control over his children, or you would not be pregnant in the first place. And if the bio-father of the child has run out on you, he's not much of a man - and maybe you're not yet the best skiled at judginf the qualities of a man. and maybe even the new guy might not be as marvellous as he seems to you. And you don't mention your age, which is very relevant.
Its not clear from your mesage whether your family and father know anything at all about this. I wish the word "confront" could be banned, as i is far too fashionable and unhelpful. Confrontation is rarely useful. But of course you will need to discuss your situation with your family, ioncluding your mom and dad. They are bound to find out if somehow they haven't noticed.
Discuss with them the situation you find yourself in, mention how the first rat ran out, and how this new guy has been so helpful and supportive, and see what they suggest

3
Posted by: Suzi | 2011-09-05

The baby''s fathe treated me badley i broke up with him when i was four months. I''m 23 yrs. My family have no idea that i''m seeing this new guy. i have told them what happened to baby''s father but they never met him,

thank you for your advices

Reply to Suzi
Posted by: Another view | 2011-09-05

Your father already knows he has little control over you - after all you got pregnant and the babys father did not stick around allowing you to date others.

Your father may well be happy for you to have a supportive partner.

Reply to Another view