Question
Posted by: sweet pie | 2009/03/03

in love with my friend

i have this friend that i have known for almost two years now and ever since i have known this guy , he has been my good feeling you know, everytime when i am down , he always cheers me up, he jokes around a lot, and sometimes when i dont even want to smile , he makes laugh. he is everything any woman would ever want in a man , he is kind and sweet, well the thing is i am in love with this friend of mine but i dont want to risk what we have at the moment , most of the time i need his humour when my life goes wrong and trust me that happens a lot and i miss him so much when he is not there that my heart hurts and i just dont know what to do

I can fully understand why you would be in like with him --- he sounds like a warm and supportive friend. Have you tried, calmly ( not too intensely, as that can frighten some guys off ) to chat with him about how much you value this friendship, and that perhaps you're not sure how he feels about it

4
Posted by: Lady Man | 2009/03/03

Maybe he feels the same and wait for you to take the first step. If you do not try you will not know and maybe you will then regret it for a long time. Go for what you want and show him what you are made of.

Reply to Lady Man
Posted by: sweet pie | 2009/03/03

i have tried as much as i can to tell him that i really value him as my friend, well not by mouth but i would usually send him sms' s, emails and that, and he doesnt say much about it , and i have been hiding my feelings for a while now and he is a really smart person so when i send him messages about appreciation i wouldnt go to far about explaining how much i appreciate the friendship in case he figured out that i feel more for him

Reply to sweet pie
Posted by: sweet pie | 2009/03/03

we dont see each other that much , sometimes he passes my house to say hi, but we both work for the same company and we email most of the time , so we get to chat a lot, and i am single at the moment, i am not really sure about him and i am scared to ask , in case he puts 2 and 2 together

Reply to sweet pie
Posted by: Lucky you | 2009/03/03

Nice to have someone like that in your life. How often do you see each other and do you consider yourself an item ? If its just a casual relationship and you both date others, is it not time that you pushed the relationship to a more serious level in a quiet roundabout way to see how he responds ? He may just want to keep it casual. Good luck

Reply to Lucky you