Posted by: annie | 2008-12-05

in-laws issue

we just moved into a new house with hubby and our angel and its going just fine...ysterday we had a big disagreement with hubby coz he wants his naughty younger brother whom i always have problems with to come stay with us as his looking for a job...i have a younger sister around town whom i found a flat for her to rent so to create some peace between her and hubby since they once took off on the wrong foot...the situation worked out fine and they are very good with ech other.
the big problem is i suggested he also rent a flat coz i want peace, space and harmony in my home and i think its only fair for both not to stay at our place but only visit...he says i dont like his siblings and doesnt have money to pay for his brother rent which i believe if we all work together we can manage to afford it just as much as im sacrifising for my sister. he even threatens me for not paying some of important things at home including bond coz im being insensitive.

do you guys think im being too selfish to demand my space and peace in my house ? i think he' s being unreasonable coz he knows how problamatic his brother is me his not being considerate to his family (us)needs and comfort.

It's your home, belonging to both of you, and if his naughty younger brother's presence in it would trouble you, he needs to take this seriously. To blackmail you, by refusing to pay the bond, etc., to force you to accept his brother in your house, is unreasonable. YOu're not being selfish at all --- he is being selfish and thoughtless.

Posted by: case | 2008-12-06

You have every right to be selfish when it comes to your home.

Reply to case