Posted by: Gracie | 2008-11-25

In-laws gossiping

What can I do about my in-laws that are constantly gossiping about me behind my back - telling lies about me etc. My husband' s parents refer to me as their b**tch daughter-in-law from hell, I guess I am not an easy person to get along with as my expectations are a bit high! I cannot accept sloppiness and laziness and that' s exactly what they are! It annoys me when people mess and don' t clean up after themselves - especially in my home! His father is a rude, bombastic and arrogant man who thrives on telling lies! I just cannot tolerate these people anymore and it' s starting to drive me crazy - I am at that point in my life where I avoid them at all costs, do not go near them and would rather sit in my bedroom than socialise with them when they come to my house - UNINVITED! Am I the only person who has monster-in-laws or are there others out there too? It has gotten to the stage that I want to sell my house and move to KZN just to get away from them. They have also landed the family into deep financial problems due to a very STUPID mistake they made - now we all have to pay for it! Please give me some advice ??!! Thanks

Why have you iven them the power to hurt yopu so ? And why isn't your husband defending you ?And why do the pair of you still have any contact with such ugly and unpleasant people If some people ( its not clear whether you mean the inlaws or who ) make mess in your house, don't invite them again. If they arrive at your house uninvited, either don't answer the door, or call from the bedroom window that you're getting changed to go out. And I dont't see why you need to pay for any financial mess THEY created. So you're a target of their rudeness, but good enough to contribute to saving them from their own mess ?