Question
Posted by: Worried Man | 2010/07/21

In-Laws

I''m married, working...Wife not employed, neither my in-laws...all of them...I''m helping them out with groceries of about R3000pm, take care of everything in the house...including pocket money, and money for kids to school etc...
I also have financial problems from my side, skipping some installments b''cos of this....
I just got a call from wife saying mom in law needs 7.5K....i really dont know what to do now..but i think its taking advantage of me, knowing that i''m humble and will give them....whats your take on this one?

If there's no income, one wonders whether pocket money is necessary. I'm worried at the thought of you mising payments on your own debts in order to be so generous towards others. Definitely do NOT give such a very large sum to your mother-in-law === did she really ask for so much, without making it totally clear what she wants it for ? That is really taking advantage of you, and it would not be wise to just hand the money over. Just tell her you are alrfeady severely stretched with all you donate to them, and simply cannot afford it.

3
Posted by: Silver | 2010/07/21

Are the in-laws actively seeking employment or you always going to be giving them money? I agree, don''t give the money you just aiding in them staying at home and leeching off you.

Reply to Silver
Posted by: m''s mom | 2010/07/21

know what you talking about - dont give her the money

Reply to m''s mom