Posted by: Lisa | 2009-08-12

My in laws sent an invitation to my fiancee and " partner" . They know my name. Needless to say they do not approve of me. Fiancee I have bbeen together for over 5 years.

I told my fiancee if he cares about me, he will not attend. Am I wrong for doing this.

Tempted to suggest you send a reply to "Mother-in-law and Father-in=-Law", saying that "Partner" would love to attend, as does "Son".
It's not wrong for you to feel like not attending ; but don't make it a test of his love as to whether or not he goes --- why let them win, as they presumably wanted to create friction between you. Think about both going, so as to disappoint them, and disappoint them still more by being marvellously warm and friendly. Then, instead of them being able to mutter to friends about his "partner", let their friends comment on how marvellous you are

Posted by: Lisa | 2009-08-13

Thank you all for your replies! Will try

Reply to Lisa
Posted by: Sai-001 | 2009-08-13

Hi, I agree with Pearl. Dont let distances between you and your Fiancee grow because of them. Kill them with kindness. I also dont have it easy,my mother-in-law is always around my husband and never lets us live our lives, she always interferes.

Dont worry all will work out in the end.

Reply to Sai-001
Posted by: Pearl | 2009-08-13

Hi agree to both replys. Kill them with your kindness. My MIL has constantly tried to make trouble in my 4 year marriage. But I' ve learnt to ignore her. I dont even go there anymore. But when I ride passed her I hoot and smile and at functions all her friends cant get enough of me which turns her sour.In-laws are a pain if you allow them to be.Good luck its not going to be the 1st stunt they try!

Reply to Pearl
Posted by: babe | 2009-08-13

i couldn' t hv said it better thats exactly what u should do, dont let your fiance` choose btwn u and his family,he will resent you in a long run. weather they like you or not shouldn' t matter as long as your man loves u, kill them with kindness let them look like fools 4 dissliking u, dont give them a reason to say, " now u see y we dont like her" .

Reply to babe