Posted by: kim | 2009-07-29

In laws

My in laws always expect me and my husband to house who ever needs space,They never keep anybody in thier home.
My husband is the guy who can' t say no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as a result i am the bad one.My husbands brother always wnats to make decisions for us i am really pissed off and feel like walking out of this marriage.
I hate going home ,i have no provacy with all these people in my home.

Gosh but we do seem to be hearing a lot about In-Law problems this week. And the problem usually involved a husband not mature and strong enough to say NO, even to outrageous requests. It's nonsense to expect you to take all sorts of family waifs and refugees to stay in your house, especially when the inlaws dont set any god example by doing so themselves. Similarly, your husband's brother has no business interfering or making ANY decisions for you. Why not insist that your husband join you in proper marriage counselling ( eg through FAMSA ) whatever his family thinks of the idea, as a condition for staying in the marriage, if necessary ?

Posted by: kim | 2009-07-29

I have suggested it he is not interested so i think i need to stand up to these people and tell my husband in a polite way that he is a adult and people need to treat him like one

Reply to kim