Question
Posted by: DEE | 2009/10/06

IN GROWN TOE NAIL

DEAR DR PLEASE HELP ME WAT CAN I DO TO GET RID OF THIS I CUT ON NAILS INCORRECTLY AND I AM DEVELOPING AN IN GROWN NAIL CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO TO CORRECT AND WHAT CREAMS I CAN PERHAPS GET OVER THE COUNTER TO HELP THANKS

Expert ImagePharmacist

In the meantime you want to help the embedded toenail to grow out over the adjacent skin fold. Start by soaking your foot in warm water to soften the toenail. Dry carefully, then gently slide a wisp of sterile cotton wool beneath the burrowing edge of the toenail. This will slightly lift the nail so that it can grow past the tissue it is digging into.
Apply an antibacterial cream such as Bactroban to prevent infection.