Question
Posted by: Charmain | 2010-04-01

In grown nail

Hi.

I have a boerboel. Her dew claws at the back are still in place, but one of them has grown around into the padding. There is a bit of puss coming out. I know this can t be nice for her and I really want to sort it out. Can I try and cut the nail my-self and hope it falls out? If it is necessary for a vet to remove it, do you know roughly how much it would cost? Money is a bit tight this month, so anything that I can do my-self, that''s safe for her, I''m willing to try.

Thank-you!

Dear Charmain

Cut the nail with a side cutter just where it starts to grow into the pad.

2
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010-04-09

Dear Charmain

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: Chill | 2010-04-01

I think you should rather be willing to take her to the vet, she is quite probably in considerable discomfort.

I have no idea whether it would require surgery, or whether the vet can do something in his rooms, but either way, she needs some help and you are the one who must provide this for her.

Reply to Chill