Posted by: Vee | 2008-12-04

In-Active Pill?

Hi doc, at the moment im on the inactive pill &  i got my period this morning as always. i have been on the pill for a year &  a half now &  partner &  i always use condoms for extra protection but i would like to try it without a condom, since im on the pill for a long time now my body'  s probably used to it now right? Will it be safe to have sex while on the inactive pill with out a condom? &  what is meant by inactive pill, i know it makes to get ur period to keep ur body doing its natural duty but does it still protect u if its called " inactive"  ?

I am not to aware of the term 'inactive pill' as I am not a gynaecologist, please post your request on the gynae forum.

However, I can tell you that the pill is a very effective method of birth control, assuming full compliace (taking the pill everyday) you do not need to use a condom. If you do fear falling pregnant (ie forgetting to take your pill), please speak to your gynae / doctor for other methods of contraception.

Posted by: Anon | 2008-12-10

The inactive pill doesnt have anything in, highly unlikely that you would fall pregant on the inactives since its for the period.