Posted by: DTBM | 2012-05-30

Improving cervical mucous

I have been trying to read up on what supplements etc I can take to improve cervical mucous as so far I dont seem to be about to ovulate - currently day 13 with no signs.

I sometimes do experience some dryness - I have recently started using Pre-Seed instead of some of the other non-sperm friendly lubricants. Do you know if this works?
I have read up about something called Robitussin or Guaifenesin which should improve the stretchy-ness of cervical mucous. Where can I get this and what are the side effects.
I am so desperate to conceive after 4 years trying I need something that will work

The use of supplements to improve cervical mucus, will not aid in helping you to ovulate. It appears from what you have written down that may be having anovulatory cycles, and the fact that you don’t ovulate your cervical mucus will not improve. I cannot comment on the medication or rather on the supplements that you have mentioned as I do not have any experience in the use of them. I would suggest that you first try to establish if you are ovulating or not by visiting your gynaecologist or doctor. He would then do a blood test to see if ovulation is taking place. If you are not ovulating, there are many medications available that can help you to achieve the state of ovulation.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo