Question
Posted by: Grobbelaar | 2009/12/04

Impotent

My husband are 47y, he is a diabetic and goes for dialysis x3
times a week, he suffers from high blood pressure as well and for the last 8 years he did not had an erection. What can we
do to have an erection and good sex?

There are number of interventions that might help this situation. I strongly discourage the use of over the counter preparations in the light of his kidney failure. Prescription medications and penile injections will also have to be evaluated in the light of the kidney failure. First port of call is the nephrologist at the dialysis unit. I that does not help call the SASHA helpline for a medical referral. www.sexualhealth.co.za

3
Posted by: Me too | 2009/12/05

I' m 54 + also in the same club due to blood press + its medication. The vaccuum pump works well 4 us + I orgasm most of the time. We do a lot of foreplay + when wife is almost ready she uses the pump on me as the last part of foreplay. Shes got the pump down 2 a fine art already. By the time I am erect she is ready 4 it. She usually comes within 3 -4 minutes once Im in. She often rides me + wears a surgical rubber glove + lube to rub my prostate while riding me. We often use doggy style + then she is also able 2 do the prostate massage while I sometimes rub her clit the same time. Oh + by the way 15 mins. maximum for wearing the erection ring. U don' t want to damage the erectile tissue or end up with something like gangrene. But sex can certainly still b enjoyed by both. Experimenting is also fun.

Reply to Me too
Posted by: Condom man | 2009/12/05

There r 2 routes he can take. The first one is the use of a strap on rubber penis. If he can bring U to orgasm with this it would already do a lot 4 him - just seeing U enjoy sex. The second option is a vaccuum pump. His penis is inserted into the cylinder + when the air is pumped out the vaccuum should bring about an erection. Once erect he slips a rubber ring around the base of his penis + removes the pump. The ring ensures that he stays hard by preventing the blood from flowing out of the penis. He should not keep the ring on 4 more than about 20mins. So once he is erect U go straight on + do the deed asap. Good luck.

Reply to Condom man
Posted by: Sexologist | 2009/12/05

Reply to Sexologist