Posted by: desperate mom | 2009-02-04

impossible teenager/disorder maybe?

My teenage girl 15 years is not behaving normally. She was diagnosed with ADHD about 3years ago and is attending a special school.
The last year she has given us all the worries you can think of. She thought she was pregnant after telling us she is going to visit a school girlfriend in the mean time she spent the weekend with a boy, without us knowing. When we found out about this, she tried turning it in to molestation.

Then she started cutting her wrists, even at shool to upset other children and the school had to call us in. Then she started dressing weird and mixing with weird children, the school thought she was involved in satanism. As a girl she had a " maw hawk " hair style. One night I just had enough and we had one hell of a fight about her hairstyle and her clothing. When we went to bed she took a overdose of medication and had to be rushed to hospital.
Lukily it was not serious medication.
We discoverred that she is sending nude pictures of herself to different boys via cellphone.
At the moment she is sick every second day, complaining bout stumich ace, vomiting and pains in the chest. Wen dont really believe all of itt, because the moment I keep her out of school she feels better very quickly. She told her sister that she thinks she has cancer, she is going to die of it ,bacause we dont believe her, and we dont care.

I dont know what to do anymore, where and to whom do I take her to so that she can be tested if she has some kind of disorder or mental illness?

Please help, I' m fighting a losing battle!

She certainly sounds as though she is acting out and working very hard indeed to outrage you and everyone else within reach, and is probably upset about something --- her over-dramatic way of indicating this makes it harder to work out what is troubling her. Take her to see a good local psychiatrist / psychologist for a compreghensive assessment to work out what is actually going on behind all that drama.

Posted by: Sam | 2009-02-04

She needs some ' tough love' 
Leave her be and let her face the consequences on her own.

Reply to Sam
Posted by: Mommy | 2009-02-04

I really feel for you as a mom. Sorry you have to go through this. Your child is out of control. She really needs help.A good shrink

Reply to Mommy