Posted by: Nys | 2009-04-17

Implantation problem

I have been through 4 faiked ivf treatments.i want to know why the transfered embroys do not implant bcos according to my gynae i dont seem to have any problem except the blocked tubes and retrovated womb.what can i do to improve the chance of implantation or pregnancy?

Dear Nys

Due to the disruption in workdays there has been a delay in response to your question. We do apologise of any convenience caused.

The implantation is dependent on several factors including embryo quality as well as the endometrial environment (lining of the womb). Quiet often patients with blocked tubes due to ascending infections may have endometrial damage as the result of these old or chronic infections and this may infect not only the blood supply to the lining but also directly interfere with embryo attachment. Other factors effecting implantation includes immune related problems as well as other endocrine disturbances (hormonal imbalances).

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim