Question
Posted by: anon | 2009-09-02

implantation

After my failed IVF my FS said the problem might be implantation as 2 very good quality blasts were transfered together with 2 good morulas. The only medication that I took was 1 cyclogest per day. FS actually said he didn' t know why I did not get pregnant as IVF was textbook perfect. What can I take or do to increase my chances of implantation when I go for another IVF?

Dear Anon

Your fertility specialists mentioned that the problem could be implantation however it is very well that there may not be any problem at all and that a pregnancy doesn’t occur. If however it is implantation then I would suggest that you increase the Cyclogest that you take to 3 times a day. That would give you more than adequate progesterone supplementation in the early stages of implantation. Some centres have used a low dose Meticorten tablets that has also shown to maybe improve the chances of implantation.

Answered by: Dr. Y.M. Dasoo